Thursday, February 23, 2006

Seeking Solace

Apart from the patriotic Malaysian '... jika kau fikirkan kau boleh...' song, I have a favourite song that rekindles my at times dying spirit. A song sung with so much life and spirit that you can't help but fall into motion. It's like a song with a life of it's own. The song is a verse from the renowned Fighter song by Christina Aguilera.
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
It makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
We're all fighters in some way or another whether we realize it or not. What makes us a fighter is how we fend ourselves from a situation and come out of it very much alive and still ready to take on the world. It's never easy. Never EVER.

But if we take time to smell the roses and count our blessings for the life God gave us and to the people who brought us to life, we eventually learn to make peace with the adversity. And if you think no one cares, remember of The One Upstairs who's looking down on you to the seconds... every single day of your life.

Sometimes I feel like I've been fighting a lifetime.

--Lola


posted at 10:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

...Back