Monday, March 27, 2006

Dear Cherry,

The sign in the window said for sale or trade,
On the last remaining dinosaur Detroit made,
Seven hundred dollars was a heck of deal,
For a four hundred horsepower jukebox on wheel,
And the road rolls out like a welcome mat,
I don't know where it goes but it beats where we're at,
We always said someday somehow,
We were gonna get away, gonna blow this town.

What about now, how bout tonight?
Baby for once let's don't think twice,
Let's take that spin that never ends,
That we've been talking about,
What about now, why should we wait?
We could chase these dreams down the interstate,
And be long gone before the world moves on
and makes another round.

We've been putting this off baby long enough,
Just give me the owrd and we'll be kicking up dust,
We both know it's just a matter of time,
Til' our hearts start racing for that county line.

We could hang around this town forever making plans,
But there won't be another time to take this chance.
----------------------------------------------------
He said 'I was in my early forties'
With a lot of life before me,
When a moment came and stopped me on a dime,
I spent most of the next days, looking at the X-rays,
Talking bout the options, and talking bout sweet times,
I asked him when it sank in, that this might really be the real end,
How does it hit you when you get that kind of news,
Man, what 'd you do?

He said,
I went skydiving, I went Rocky mountain climbing,
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu,
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying,
I watched an eagle as it was flying
And he said,
'Someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying'

He said,
'I was finally the husband that most of times I wasn't'
And I became a friend a friend would like to have
And all the sudden goin fishing wasn't such an imposition
And I went three times that year I lost my dad
Well I finally read a good book
and I took a good long hard look
At what I'd do if I could do it all again
---------------------------------------
Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead,
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken,
Yesterday is a kid in the corner,
Yesterday is dead end over.
Don't close your eyes
Coz today is all that you've got now,
And today is all you'll ever have.

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it all that you dreamed it would be?
------------------------------------------------------
Dear Cherry, cheer up. The world has got loads to offer!











posted at 2:32 AM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

...Back