Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I think I've had too much country music ;)

I want a simple life my mother's, one true love for her older years.
When you think Tim McGraw I hope you think my favourite song,
the one we danced to all night long
She can handle any champagne brunch
Bridal shower with Bacardi bunch
Jello shooters full of Smirnoff
But tequila makes her clothes fall off
Chase your dreams but remember the road that will take you home again
We said our goodbyes, swore that we'd keep in touch,
then we went our separate ways knowing no one ever does.
I loved her first, and I held her first, and this place in my will always be hers.
I judge a man by the woman and her smile,
the light in her eyes, the way she holds him when they dance.
She's the window to his soul, his best friend don't you know?
You judge the day by the sun but you judge a man by the woman.
This downtown apartment sure makes me miss home
and those bills on the counter reminds me I'm on my own.
And just like every Sunday I called momma up last night
and even though it's not I tell here everything's alright.
It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance
It's the one who won't be taken that never learn to give
It's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live.
My breaking heart and I agree that you and I could never be
so with my best, my very best I set you free.
Close you eyes and hum along I'll sing you one more love song
If everything is alright why don't you just crash here tonight?
She's in love with the boy
and even if they have to run away
she's gonna marry that boy someday
Too strong doesn't mean it's for long
Too deep doesn't mean it's for keep
Fast doesn't mean it will last.
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
and each road leads you to where you want to go.
And if you're faced with a choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door open to another door closed
I hope you keep on walking till you find the window.
If it's cold outside show the world the warmth of your smile.
I hope you never look back but never forget.
All the ones who love you in the place you left.
I hope you always forgive and never regret
and you help somebody every chance you get.
I hope you find God's grace in every mistake
and always give more than you take.


posted at 5:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

...Back