Monday, January 26, 2009



She loved the guy. She did it for him. She would've done anything for him. Some women are like that. Some love are like that. Most love are like that from what I can see. Your heart starts to feel like an overcrowded lifeboat. You throw your pride out to keep it afloat. And your self-respect. And your independence. After a while you start throwing people out- your friends, everyone you used to know. And it's still not enough. The lifeboat s still sinking and you know it is gong to take you down with it. I've seen that happen to a lot of girls here. I think that's why I'm sick of love. - Shantaram

And I'd learned, the hard way, that sometimes even wth the purest intentions, we make things worse when we do our best to make things better. - Shantaram

When you judge the power that is in a person, you must judge their capacities as both friend and enemy. - Shantaram

You know the kind of power I'm talking about, don't you? Real power. The power to make men shine like stars or crush them to dust. The power of secrets. Terrible, terrble secrets. The power to live wthout remorse or regret. - Shantaram

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
-Lord Byron in Into The Wild

"I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them. And work which one hopes may be of some use. Then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor. Such is my idea of happiness. And then, on top of all that, you for a mate, and children perhaps. What more can the heart of a man desire?"- Into the wild


posted at 6:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

...Back